9.07.2004

Woo! Gooooooooo Dawgs!

First football game of the year for UGA was this past Saturday. It was a home game at Sanford Stadium against Georgia Southern, a I-AA school in southeast Georgia. We didn't exactly whip Ga. So., but it was a good first game. And we won, by 20, which is nothing bad. You should've all been there, it was a great time.

This coming weekend is the UGA v. South Carolina game in Columbia, SC. I'll be catching it on TV.

I had a pretty good Labor Day weekend. My parents and younger sister and bro-in-law spent the night up at my place on Friday night (we all rode over to Athens together for tailgating and game). We went out to Steak 'n Shake for dinner, which was really good...mmmmmmmmmmmm. They came back for a little while after the game on Saturday night. On Sunday, Hilary's parents and brother came up to play tennis and have dinner. As a side note, Hilary's parents haven't played tennis in a loooooong time, but they seemed to pick it all back up quickly. They completely took us kiddies to school.

Monday was a lot of nothing. Slept in late, then went to check out the stores to see what sales were going on. Didn't really end up getting anything, just wanted to be a part. Plus, I thought it'd be nice to get out before the hurricane came.

And it came around bed time last night. I swear, I'm going to get a chain saw and trim down the tree outside my bedroom window. The winds usually cause it to brush softly against the screen window, but the winds the last few nights were just slamming the thing against the window. Right when I thought I was going to get back to sleep, the thing would start banging on the window. If I'd had a chainsaw, I do believe I would have been out there in the pouring rain and gale force winds leveling the noble pine.

Maybe not a chainsaw, but something...I'll make sure this isn't a problem later. Well, I'll probably just call maintenance.

No comments: