11.06.2003

Wow....yesterday was scary. I got a call at work from Hilary's supervisor telling me that Hilary was picked up and taken to the hospital after passing out work. I jumped in the car and headed up to Gainesville to see her at the hospital and make sure everything was alright. They took some tests to find out the cause, but nothing came of it - their conclusion was that "this stuff happens," more or less. Everyone kept asking if she had been eating well or if she was pregnant, but neither of those was the case. I guess it's just one of those things that happens.

So I drove her home (left her car overnight, a friend picked her up for work today) and took the rest of the day off yesterday, I guess just to make sure she would be alright. She went back today, no problems. My boss was nice enough to afford me the time to stay with Hilary.

When things like this happen, it really does make you realize how easily life can be changed or even lost. If she had landed the wrong way or hit something on her way down, she could have been seriously injured (there was a person between her and the desk nearby - the person more or less cushioned her fall).

Today's weather is kind of crummy...clouds and rain. This weekend will be another one of those weekends away from home, as I meet up with family to celebrate some birthdays (including my own - next Wednesday, November 12th). I'll be 23 years of age, which of course feels very strange.

Speaking of which, my mom always asks for "wish lists" from everyone WAY in advance of Christmas, and for me I am also supposed to hint at things I'd like for my birthday. Well, of course, I have no such list. It'll be a surprise because my parents don't know what I want (well, at least they can't afford what I want...the nice Panasonic DVX-100 24p MiniDV camera or something of that range of sophistication). So yeah, whatever they give me will be a surprise. It doesn't get any easier than that.

I've been meaning to catch some Atlanta Thrashers games with Chris and Mike, et al. Hilary has wanted to go out and be social, too...of course, being p-p-p-p-poor makes socializing difficult, since it usually means going out somewhere to eat or movie or things of that nature. We both agree though, as soon as we win the lottery, we'll paint the town red (and please, someone tell me what that really means anyways). Of course, there is always the issue of actually finding the time to do the things you want to do.

No comments: