11.17.2003

I had a pretty good birthday/birthweek. Hilary and I went out to The Olive Garden for dinner on Thursday (I had to work late on my birthday) and then we ate so much salad and breadsticks that we had TONS of leftovers from our actual meal. Man, the salad/breadsticks there can hardly be beat. And unlimited? Yes, very good...

Hilary got me a neato optical wireless mouse for my birthday, along with some pajama pants and Christmas boxers. She also gave me the soundtrack to the TV show "Smallville." If you've never seen it, check it out on the WB...Superman is fun.

I got a bunch of other gifts from family. It was all good.

This past weekend, Hilary and I went to a wedding in Nashville, TN for one of her friends from Furman. We stayed at my younger brother Michael's house (he and his wife live just outside of Nashville)...I hadn't seen their house since they bought it. It's pretty nice, and they had it all decorated for Christmas, which I totally dig.

And also on Saturday, UGA beat the $%^&*% Auburn Tigers at home in Sanford Stadium!!! It was a shut-out until 3 minutes left in the game, then Auburn got a touchdown, and the game ended 26-7. Got it on tape (THANKS MICHAEL!!) so I'll probably watch it sometime this week (oh, yeah, the wedding was during the game, so not only did I not get to go to the game, but also didn't get to watch/listen). The wedding and reception were still fun, and I had gotten to know some of the Furman folks over the past few years, so not too many awkward "I don't know you" moments.

Tonight I'm gonna eat so much pizza that I'll be sick tomorrow. Oh wait, that's what I did LAST night....buy one get one free at Papa John's....Hilary and I do this once in a while, where we'll split one pizza one night, then split the second pizza the next night, and then be sick for the next week. We always swear we'll just cut ourselves off early....but man, it is SOOOOOOOOOO good.......I'd eat the whole thing if I didn't think it would kill me.

Headline: "Man eats pizza, dies of overwhelming digestive joy"
Papa John by-line: "Good ingredients, great pizza...deadly in large doses"

I'm young, high metabolism, strong like bull. And I'm getting hungry...

No comments: