11.20.2003

I'm getting ready to go see the last UGA home football game of the year this Saturday! Whoo!!

I guess next week's game against Georgia Tech could be considered a home game, since WE OWN THEM. But that's another story (sorry Michael, sorry Chris....oh, wait, no I'm not).

Tonight is "try to make an impossible black bean soup" night. I was gonna make some with some dried beans, you know, go for the freshness, but apparently that's a process that takes a couple of days, and no, I'm not exaggerating one single bit. So I'm making it easier by going with CANNED black beans. Take that, nature.

Got some Little Debbie Christmas Cakes yesterday. Man, I'm so glad they didn't decide to start calling them "Holiday Cakes"...seems like the cool thing to do lately is ignore Christianity. I mean, look - I understand that not everyone is Christian, but there is a lot to celebrate about Christmas even if you're not Christian (of course, the real purpose of Christmas is for the "non" Christians anyways...)

I love Christmas. It's my favorite time of the year, what with all the decorating and togetherness and family. I love my family and all my friends, even more so now that I'm seeing them all less and less. This stuff is important, so people out there need to stop making Christmas illegal. I mean, some schools are now outlawing the word "Christmas" altogether. WHAT? Yeah, you read that correctly, and it's real. Talk about NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH. That's a pretty good lesson for the administration to be teaching, wouldn't you say? Ah well, I'll cut it out for now, but I'm for real....I really do get tired of people de-emphasizing the importance and fun and joy of the Christmas season and holiday.

Next Thursday is Thanksgiving, the day we celebrate all the money we're about to blow at the mall...nah, just kidding. It's the day we GIVE THANKS FOR all the money that we are about to blow at the mall. Well, anyways, Thanksgiving is actually one of the big holidays that I've never been 100% into. I fully understand the significance, but in a way, it takes away from Christmas, which is more important to me. They should bump it up a week or two, or make it part of a Halloween weekend. Yeah, you could go out, get a bunch of candy, eat turkey the next day, and have some candy for dessert while you pass out in front of the TV watching football. Being with family is nice though, so I appreciate the day. And the food (except I don't like the turkey so much).

That's gonna do it for now I think. I'm gonna go see my wife now.

No comments: