1.29.2009

25 Things (Facebook thing)

Okay, here's 25 things...

7) I like random things, like starting a list out of order

2) I never took a guitar lesson until I got to college and majored in classical guitar, I just learned to play by listening to the radio and CDs and trying to figure out where the notes were (my instructor recognized this fact immediately...)

3) I clean the shower in the nude

4) I have been drinking coffee since I was very very young. Seriously, my grandma put some coffee and milk in a bottle with some sugar. I now wake up with about 2 cups every day.

5) I've never had a cavity or any other dental problem.

6) Speaking of teeth, on the same day I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled, I was eating pizza for dinner that night. I had hot wings for lunch the next day. None of that was a good idea.

1) I don't think #1 always has to be the first.

8) A lot of the clothes I wear are the same stuff I had throughout college (and in some rare cases, also high school). This isn't so much because I'm "thrifty," I'm just unimaginative when it comes to clothes.

9) I have been going to Georgia Bulldog football games since before I can remember, as my grandfather has had tickets for about 50 years. We've also had the same tailgate spot for about as long as people have been tailgating at UGA.

10) I'm very good at reading maps, and I have a good internal compass. Thank you Boy Scouts.

11) Doritos are my all-time fave junk food...Spicy Nacho. When I was about 9 years old, I took my birthday money one time and bought a "Super/Family" size bag of Doritos. Money well spent.

12) I prefer to write the IRS a check on April 15th. I very much dislike getting a huge refund (and I shouldn't have to explain that one). My wife feels very differently about this.

13) When I was a kid (up until about age 12), I really planned to be an astronaut. Then I started playing guitar. Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to, right?

14) I'm a European-American (in the modern interpretation).

15) I use sarcasm in almost all aspects of my social interactions. Sometimes it's even appropriate. Most people tell me they can't tell when I'm serious anymore. Seriously.

16) When I was a kid, I wanted to visit Wisconsin and eat cheese.

17) I have a mild fear of heights, but a real aversion to flying. I've been on only 5 trips via airplane in my life.

18) I've never been further west than Texas, and have left the US only once (honeymoon to Jamaica).

19) One night in college, Eric and I saw this infomercial for some crazy pen set that could pierce an aluminum can, or go through a stack of papers without being damaged. For some reason that was awesome and we bought two of them. Worst pens I've ever used...almost no ink, although it spilled whatever ink it had all over whatever you were writing on. Penalli Pen Set, the pens made by Satan.

20) I got two speeding tickets in the speed trap capital of the world, Tyrone, GA. I was only speeding the first time (honest!), the second time I was going 10 under (honest!). At any rate, I was so fed up I just drove way around the city of Tyrone on the way to Peachtree City for almost 2 years just to avoid getting pulled over again in that crappy-crap-crap town (if you live there, sorry).

21) For Gwam's birthday in college, the rest of us got him a pretty pink cake with flowers that said "Happy Gay Birthday! We HATE You!" The cake lady at Kroger was pretty confused.

22) The instruments I have played over the years...song flute, trumpet/cornet/bugle, guitar, bass guitar, french horn, ukulele, drums/percussion.

23) Over the course of my 28 years, I have spent over 60 weeks at a beach, mostly on the Georgia coast (over a year's worth of my life). Surprisingly, it hasn't been enough.

24) I eat kid cereals...Cap'n Crunch, Froot Loops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, etc. I like Raisin Bran and Honey Bunches of Oats and Frosted Mini Wheats pretty well, but those are still fairly borderline. Grape Nuts and all that kind of stuff is for grown ups, and I most certainly am not "grown up."

25) I can make myself look very pregnant/fat. I have repeatedly fooled the weight guy at the carnival, getting him to guess me at around 210-220 (actual weight is more like 165-175). I am proud of this. My bro-in-law Blake can do the same thing, and we are both quite happy to show it off. In a related bit of info, the carny guy usually will guess me about 8-10 years younger as well. The Froot Loops must be keeping me young.

No comments: