1.07.2008

Time to make the doughnuts

A little birdie tells me it's time for a new post, so here it is.

Christmas was a good time, saw all the people I wanted to see (if you didn't see me, just read between the lines there). Only kidding!!! Really, it was a great family-time event leading up to Christmas and on Christmas Day. Quite honestly, I would rather have more time with people than have a single Christmas gift with my name on it. See, now everyone knows exactly what to give me next year, how cool is that?

FINALLY got the TradeWind Productions website up!! Very excited about that. Go check it out at www.TradeWindProductions.com and let me know what you think! Seriously, if you think it's awesome/awful, let me know!

I'm going to be getting the new mailing list together this month, so hey, if you want to be on the list, just shoot me an e-mail at info@tradewindproductions.com. I'll be sending out monthly newsletters about specials, new services and such.

The baby is coming soon...sooner than I probably realize. I'm not particularly concerned about anything, but I know there are going to be some surprises (inevitable) so I'm just "bracing "myself now. The registry is at Babies R Us if you want to see some of the crazy stuff we're going to be toting around soon. Babies require almost as much gear as I take on a day shoot. There is a lot of stuff.

Caleb was kicking pretty hard in church, Hilary got my attention and I could see him punching/kicking around. It's kind of funny...the lady who was singing a song during the service at that time was pretty bad...and it wasn't really a great song either. I think Caleb was protesting...he must have a pretty keen musical sense.

LinkedIn...heard about it, seen it, don't know if it's for me. Anyone currently on there want to tell me a little more?

LSU is finally on top of Ohio State in the NC game. Woo!! Isn't it lame that I have to root for the SEC? I guess I'm kind of rooting against Ohio State, since I think they shouldn't have made the NC game. I'm not even sure LSU should be there. But hey...geaux tigers! Go SEC!

Georgia beat the crap out of Hawaii a week ago in the Sugar Bowl. Awesome. My brother, his wife and my mom made the trip (I couldn't go, work was interfering with fun-time yet again). I'll make it to the national championship game next year though...when UGA is in it.

Speaking of football...I won the college football pick 'em I was doing this year! Apparently I'm really good at guessing football games...well, at least better than I thought. I threw my money in thinking it'd just be a fun thing to do this season, nothing more. Then I ended up tied for 1st place at the end of the regular season, so I had to pull it out in a tiebreaker during the BCS bowl games. I picked the first three right - Rose, Sugar, Fiesta - against 1 pick on the other side, so I clinched in 3 games. I picked the Fiesta wrong, but hey - didn't matter. I picked LSU in the NC game, too, and it looks like I might have gone 4 for 5 in the bowls. Not bad.

The secret to my success? I picked UGA in every single game all year, no matter who we played and no matter the spread. Only wrong 3 times out of 12 for them (2 losses when favored, 1 loss against the spread). So there's my secret! Shhh!!!

Now I'm spending the winnings on building something...cool. More about that in another post, just the teaser for now.

That's all for now. Abby, you can sleep soundly.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Ahh, thank you! And NOW I have reached the end of the Internet...

Keep 'em coming.