4.27.2004

Some of you already know this, but for the rest of you, here's the announcement:

I'm trying out for the next American Idol.

Some of you think that's lame, and others of you just want to bask in my (potential) glory. Of course, there's always the chance that they'll decide to discontinue the series, or that people won't care about the show anymore....but as soon as they come to my town, I'm there. I figure I've got more musical knowledge than 1) 90% of the people who try out for the show, and 2) enough talent to get me pretty far in the show, depending on what folks vote for.

I'm pretty excited...just not sure what my audition piece is going to be yet. It isn't going to be one of SCAP's songs. I thought about a Jimmy Buffett song, since I've been singing those a lot lately, and people generally like that stuff.

If you have any recommendations, put it in the comment form, or e-mail me. And hey, to make it more like a contest, I'll do something special for you if I use your recommendation. Like, take you on the show if I make it, or buy you some ice cream.

No comments: