12.18.2007

It's a small, small world

I was at the accountant today for year-end stuff, and was talking with the accountant about Christmas plans when Your Favorite Town entered the conversation. As it turns out, his wife was part of the first graduating classes at my high school in the early 80's. After talking for a minute, she started talking about where she lived in town there and it was quite literally a couple doors down from Hilary's parents' place. What are the odds of that? I was referred to this accountant by a co-worker in Norcross, for an accountant in Tucker, I live in Dacula...and yet she grew up just down the street from where my wife grew up.

Crazy how you run into people like that sometimes. I picked up a job this year on referral from a friend of a previous contact - pretty far removed. As it turned out, I wasn't very far disconnected there either.

With all the millions of people out there, you'd think that unless you were trying to do so, you'd rarely run into people in this way, but I suppose there are just enough variables in the mix.

How is it that last week I was wearing shorts, and now I'm back to 7 shirts, 3 pairs of pants and 3 jackets just to walk out and get the paper?

Christmas shopping = almost done. I think there might be one more gift, but that's it.

Caleb's bedroom has a crib and a dresser in it now, and the painting is all done. Still plenty of work to do in there, though.

Christmas will be over in a week now, and it barely feels like I've gotten to enjoy it yet.

No comments: