1.24.2006

Here's some news...I received a call from Digital Media Online the other day. One of their websites, www.DMNForums.com, hosts worldwide user groups for digital media professionals. I have been very active for the last couple of years in the user forums, asking questions that I have and answering posts for others.

Long story short, my name was up for a hosting position on several of the Adobe product forums. I agreed to host, submitted a bio and picture, and as of a few days ago I am now a forum host for 4 of their forums: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe
Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Encore DVD.

I still post and answer posts like always, but now I will be involved more closely with the forums I host for things like monitoring posts for language, blatant advertising, or off-topic conversations. None of those things are ever an issue really, folks on these boards are professionals for the most part and things stay very professional. The only time it gets out of hand is when people start talking about Mac computers versus PCs....lots of opinion there, things get heated.

I'll also be able to post tutorials, write editorials and work my way into the hearts of millions....or something like that. Should be a lot of fun, I enjoy keeping up with all of this stuff.

No comments: