9.16.2005

So I'm really enjoying the new house. There are still a couple of rooms that are pretty much empty.....one downstairs, one upstairs. The downstairs will be my office as soon as we grab some french doors (or you may call them "freedom doors") to put on there....it's designed to be a living room or sitting area, but we don't have any use for that. The upstairs will be just another guest bedroom. The old office (I'm totally there right now!) will just be a fun room, probably keep the futon in there for guests.

Never running out of things to do to the home, but always running out of appropriate funds. Aside from cutting the grass, pulling weeds in the landscaping and keeping everything looking decent, I haven't done much to the outside......pretty soon I won't even have to cut the grass, suuuhhweeeeet.

So now we've got less than a week of Summer left and I'm facing the fact that I never got to go to the beach during the summer. We did stop in Biloxi and stay near the beach back in early June, but only for the night, didn't really hit up the beach except for a walk......and it wasn't Summer, it was Spring. I know, life is real hard....look at me complaining about not getting to go to the beach. Well, you have a point.........it's just the first time I haven't been to the beach EVER, and it only serves to remind me that I done gone and growed up. Bah.

The Dawgs are playing a lot better than I thought they would this season. Got seats for all the games, but I already know 1 game I'm not going to catch (homecoming game....usually pretty boring anyways, but this year's game is against Arkansas).

Still pluggin' away on TradeWind projects....currently handling a 35mm slide digitize. Got 240 slides to scan (got a new scanner for that, suuuuuuuhhhhhweeeeeeet) and then make a slideshow DVD with music. Also going to include the full res scans on the disc as data content in case the family wants to print any of the images. Got a end-of-the-month deadline on that, should be no problem.

Buying furniture is the most ridiculous set up ever invented. It's like a car, for those not aware, in that you see a price on a bed or table or whatever, and right away you know that only a sucker pays that price. They mark everything way up KNOWING that you will haggle....so, if you don't haggle, ::::poof::::: you're a sucker. Case in point....we just bought a china cabinet, floor model, and there was vitually nothing wrong with it. Very nice furniture, built solidly, made to last, very reputable store. Great, so the floor model was selling for about 20% off the regular price (keep in mind that the regular price is intended to be haggled). So, we're thinking that now that they've marked down the floor model, it reflects the true price for a new model, which means yep, we still have to haggle. Long story short, this weekend they didn't mark it down as much as we wanted, so we left. Twice. They called back yesterday and said okay. Sold. While I do feel a sense of victory, I have to remember that IT IS JUST FURNITURE AND IT IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE THAT I SHOULD HAVE TO BUY IT LIKE IT WAS A CAR. Insane. And what's the deal with financing furniture for 2 years? Seriously, it's JUST LIKE A CAR. Except that it's furniture....I guess it will probably last a lot longer than most cars though....

Nice sales lady overall, highly recommend her. Might even get some TradWind work out of her as she has some 8mm family film reels that she wants converted to DVD. Time will tell.

I have got to get out more.

My friend Eric sent me this absolutely HILARIOUS video a day ago and I've lost the link, but it is so funny......maybe Eric will post it here for us all to enjoy.

Meeting up with Andy and Abby for dinner tonight at their NEW HOME! They're also joining us for the game tomorrow, club seats in the end zone. HUGE congrats go out to Abby's brother who got a scholarship to play football with UGA starting next fall. Hunker down, Fred.

Big props also to Mike (his blog is currently MIA......for a while). He was "given the opportunity to fly F-16s as the primary Undergraduate Pilot Training candidate for the 125th Fighter Squadron at Tulsa, OK." This is big stuff, real proud of him. Apparently he's got about 3 more years of various training and such to get to that, but being given the opportunity at all is big time, so buy the man a beer and wish him luck.

Speaking of beer, I've got to head on in to work................so that I can afford beer.

No comments: