8.29.2005

Been a pretty busy month of work for TradeWind Productions (yeah, I know, not a whole lot on the website yet......still waiting on a logo, 'cause the one there right now...well, it ain't it). I feel like I learn something new every time I take on a new project, which is great.....although, learning curves can be dangerous when it's crunch time and something is due for delivery in a handful of hours.

So I'm having fun with that, and the new editing machine is pulling its weight. What a great investment...I'm saving so much time now, and so I can take on twice as much work. My day job is still fun, getting to do streaming video has it's own interesting twists and turns.

Oh, before I forget......HAPPY GAY FREAKIN' BIRFDAY TO ERIC! I think he turns 48 today....or 33. I forget.

We had a "housewarming" party a few weekends ago (if you can call it that after living there for over 6 months). What a freakin' blast! Got to chill with the buds and folks from Your Favorite Town and Athens......good times. We had WAY more food than we needed, so we all hogged out and drank way too much. Chilled around the fire outside and chatted about whatever. Cool.

In the middle of all the work and fun, Hil and I are planning out the weekends for the fall. Gonna be about 6 weekends where we'll be going to UGA football games, and that leaves a few others where we'd like to take some little trips. We want to get some folks together to go camping up in N. Georgia and do Oktoberfest in.....October (you should e-mail me if this sounds fun to you.....), and we were thinking about pulling a weekend getaway to Savannah, GA. I know what you're thinking..."Savannah? Why? What are you gonna do?" Well, they have a fun nightlife, and there's some neat historical tours we've always wanted to do down there but never had the time to do. One is a tour of haunted houses and such around the town, which is always a neat Fall thing to do. We're also thinking about putting together another camp weekend (well, probably just one night) out at Stone Mountain and catching one of the last laser shows for the year. Then there's always Furman Homecoming in Greenville, SC. Not even really sure if we're gonna do that this year because I don't know if any of the regulars are planning the trip. Not that I mind taking a trip just w/ my sweetie, but there's other things we could do if we're gonna be the only ones there (out of the group, anyways).

Now the hard part is actually figuring out 1) if we really wanna do all this stuff, 2) if we can really do all this stuff and 3) where our friends are at on all this stuff, because it ain't fun to be alone.

Now back to work......still plenty on today's plate.

No comments: