7.01.2005

Adobe Certified Expert, Premiere ProOn Wednesday I took my certification exam for Adobe Premiere Pro and PASSED. Woo! So what does this mean now? Well, it means that I know how to use the program backwards and forwards. It means that I can advertise myself to others as a certified professional. If nothing else, I feel good about the work and studying that I put into this. It's only one step though, and I intend to become certified in Photoshop as well as After Effects within the next year. After that, I'll have to recertify only when there is a full number upgrade (1.0 to 2.0, not just 1.0 to 1.3). Having the 3 certifications will also set me up as a certified expert in video, which definitely has a nice ring to it. I'll keep you all posted....

"Saturday in the park...I think it was the 4th of July." Yup, it's here again, ye olde Independence Day. SCAP used to play in the parade down in Your Favorite Town, but we haven't done that since 2002...wow, doesn't seem like it's been 3 years. It'd be nice to try that out again sometime. Of course, I'll be heading down there to hang with family and friends on the 4th as usual, and check out some fireworks that night.

I need a vacation....yeah, I know I just took off for Texas almost a month ago, but I'm talking about a trip to the beach. I have a feeling that this summer is gonna fly out before I can get to a beach...that'd be a first. Because of limited vacation days, I couldn't join my family on the annual St. Simon's trip. I wouldn't have minded just taking it out of my paycheck and counting it up as part of the cost of going on a trip (and an otherwise free vacation at that), but I think that taking the extra time even with penalties could get me fired.....or at least heavily frowned upon. Ahhh, maybe next year.

Happy Independence Day to everyone. Wave a flag, yo.

No comments: