7.19.2005

Industry Guru and Journalist Bob Turner Dies

How very sad for his family, of course, but also for the many of us out there that got a lot of valuable help and information from his years of experience and dedication to his craft. I have been reading his publications since right after I got out of school and have always found at least one new thing each time that I didn't know beforehand. Better yet, there was always some new knowledge that I could apply right away.

To have been taken away by something as difficult to cope with as cancer rather than simply old age is sad in itself. I never knew much about the man himself outside of his comprehensive knowledge of the industry, but from what I've read, he was quite the human being. I personally feel indebted for all that I was able to learn from him. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and daughter.

No comments: