5.07.2005

I just want to say a quick "goodbye" to Tyrone, Georgia.

You see, I've passed through Tyrone on my way to and from Your Favorite Town for years. I never had any thought for the place, good or bad, until I turned 16. At that point, I quickly became aware firsthand of the truths that I'd been told for years: Tyrone Police need your money, and they are willing to work for it night and day. I think the first time I was pulled over was on the way home from a Toasters concert in Atlanta. I was told that it was way past my bedtime, and that my parents would probably be very upset if they knew I had been in Atlanta. Since I didn't feel like making 10 minutes out of 5 on the side of the road, I decided NOT to say:

"Actually, my parents know exactly where I am. Serious....call them. They trust me. I'm a good boy. Call them and find out....I'll wait here."

I didn't get a ticket, just a wagging finger. So, then I got pulled over a second time on the way home from Alabama with Mike and Eric in the car late at night after a failed SCAP show. This time it was my fault, but it literally wasn't anything dangerous, like speeding or DUI (I'm not gonna say what it was....it was too dumb. And very funny....all I'll say is this: "Doh, sorry occifer" (Eric, Mike, you know what I mean).

So, a good and a bad on my record. Nonetheless, I knew where I was - Tyrone. I knew that they'd be looking for me (and anyone else in a car) whenever I went there. Lo and behold, I'm going home for a funeral, Hilary and Jingles in the car with me. I see a cop go by in the other direction, decide to check my speed (too late of course, but anyways)...okay, cool, I'm going a few miles over, but nothing more. 5 miles down the road, the cop comes flashing up on me. Seems I was going 15 mph over. Funny, if only he knew my wife. If I ever go that much over, she lets me know in so many words. I guess me disagreeing with him (yeah, I told him) didn't matter, what he says sticks. He checked his radar and said it was correct (as if there really is a way for me to know if he's telling the truth there either). Long story short(er), I'm gonna go fight it. He probably won't show to court (can't afford to stay off the streets too long, money just keeps driving on by), so maybe I stand a chance contesting it. If not, oh well, it's been over 5 years since I was cited for anything, so it shouldn't affect my record....still, I'll just consider that as my contribution to law enforcement for the year (I usually contribute to FOP or other local causes). Blah.

Well, that was weeks ago, but I've been wanting to get it out.

Yesterday I cut the grass. It didn't "need" it, but it looks a lot nicer now. Today we bought a trimmer and edger to clean up the look a little more. I don't particularly like spending money on lawn maintenance....I'd much rather have trip to the beach or something. But it is nice, and doing the actual labor is enjoyable mostly....get to be outside, making the place look nice and all. We're trying to figure out when to throw a party or something, since we haven't done so since we moved in. Hopefully we'll put it all together soon and get the buds out here for some sloshin' good times. Maybe SCAP will play my party!

I'm gonna take my Adobe Premiere Pro ACE certification next month, so that'll be good. I feel comfortable enough really to go do it now, but I'll just study more to be certain I nail the sucker.

Had an AWESOME time and my friends Jules' and David's wedding. Met some cool folks, got some (hopefully) good footage of the events (I say hopefully because I haven't reviewed it yet....waiting for the newlyweds to sit down and go over it when they get back and settle in). Eric helped me with footage, and he shared a hotel with Hilary and I. We met a friend of the bride that Eric ended up hitting it off with, so that's also quite rockin'. Stopped at Mercer on the way back to say hey to my bro-in-law Blake (Hil's bro). He's finishing up with exams now, so good luck to him (man, I hated exams).

Stay back 100 feet...not responsible for objects thrown from vehicle.

No comments: