12.22.2004

I'm not one of those people who thinks that the hassle of buying Christmas gifts for your friends and family takes away from the spirit of the season. Actually, I kind of feel like that is a cop out for people who are too selfish to do something nice during Christmas for people that have meant something to them....but hey, don't want to be too accusational...

I think that as far as gift-giving, any old expression of thanks is a gift. The tradition has been shopping for the perfect gift, wrapping it, and posting "do not open until Xmas." But what's wrong with maybe doing a little yard work for someone, maybe take them out for lunch/dinner, or just sending a personalized Christmas card? I guess half the people out there don't think these are sufficient gifts to give, and the other half thinks it's not enough to receive.

I don't have anything else to say on that, but I guess it can be astounding to think about the ins and outs of gift giving.

Personally, I always love Christmas time....I like decking the halls, getting together with people, going out and just enjoying the season. The malls can be absolutely unmanageable, but it's still nice to be out in it once or twice and just take it all in. It is strange to think that it is already Christmas again, but then, life has been moving this fast ever since I graduated from college. I'm getting used to it.

In other news, Hilary and I have been house hunting for a while, and we found a home that we're happy with. We just started going through the contract/negotiation process, so I guess we'll see how everything goes! If it works out, we'll be moving out of here at the end of January. If it doesn't work out, we'll find another house. I think it's safe for me to say that I don't really enjoy the home buying process much, but I do enjoy the thought of having more room to live, being in a nice neighborhood, and owning a good investment. That makes all the headache worthwhile. I think I've been handling it pretty well so far.

Man, is it SERIOUSLY December 22nd? I know I already said I can't believe it's almost Christmas, but really....hard to believe.

And its been over a YEAR since SCAP played our last show. Not that we haven't tried to get a couple more shows in here and there, but it's very hard, what with everybody's schedules conflicting and the distance between everybody. Some people may ask "well why don't you just call it quits?" Good question, I'll take that one...basically, we'd probably still hang out and practice every now and then, and play a show when we could, so we wouldn't be really splitting up, and it would be like telling everyone "come see our last show!" only to have another last show...or maybe two or three more. I think we'll probably always "be" a band, even if a year goes by without people seeing us play. Well put, Christian.

Okay, everyone have a merry Christmas if I don't hit this page up again until after its over. Hope everyone was a good little boy or girl this year, or Santa's bringin' you a whoopin'.

No comments: