10.18.2004

...and now it's starting to get cold.

Seriously? I barely remember it being summer. Happened a little too fast. Maybe I should get a job as a teacher, where summer shows up just like you remember it as a kid. Sweet.

Watched "The Day After Tomorrow" this weekend. It was fun to watch, but it stretched the imagination just a little too far. And I could really have done without the strained father-son relationship and ridiculous love story. But man, it's neat to see the destruction. That's all I'll say.

Having problems with my new router. It's a nice one, wireless-g, 108mbps. I'm having problems, however, ACCESSING MY OWN WEBSITE. I really don't get it. The SCAP site, my site, Mike's site and some other sites are all hosted on the same server, so none of them work. And, try as I might, I haven't been able to find a SINGLE other website out there that DOESN'T work besides the ones I just listed. Very convenient, eh? In all honesty, there are other sites that I cannot ping, but I can browse to them, making <0 sense. Well, obviously it does make sense, or it wouldn't happen, but I just need to figure it out. Mike's been helping, but the Support Hotline of Indian Technicians hasn't helped at all, and forums have turned up nothing thus far. I'm sure there will be a big celebration when I get it all fixed, so I'll let you guys know.

A moment of silence please..............thank you. Yes, last night, I made a DVD of the slide show FROM MY WEDDING. Long time in the making, my friends. This was just a test for my sake, to make sure that I got all the DVD features set up correctly with my new Encore DVD program, and to check player compatibilty for the DVD-R media. Mostly good results, but there were some functions that I didn't set correctly. No problems with playback at all, looked very good. One image needed to be deinterlaced.

I'm thinking it's time for all the "undecideds" to decide. One prominent talk show host has proposed that undecideds shouldn't be allowed to vote if they haven't made their mind up by now. To me that's just words for the sake of words. If they haven't made their minds up by now, THEY STILL HAVE TWO WEEKS TO DECIDE. Now, if they haven't decided by the time they step into the box, then maybe they shouldn't vote, I'll buy that. But for now, hey, the election day is November 2nd, so in my opinion, and that of the federal and state governments, people have until 7:00pm on November 2nd to make up their mind about the president and his challenger.

No comments: