3.31.2009

Oops!

Well that was interesting.

I log onto a website earlier today to place an order and lo and behold, what appears under my account information but HUNDREDS of recent customer orders for this company.

Now here's the thing...web pages get crisscrossed on a company site from time to time, but seems that the ONE thing you'd be sure never gets mixed up is private customer information. Identity theft and what have you.

Needless to say (I would hope), I notified the company that I could see all their customer accounts on my computer screen, and it's a good thing for them that I'm not the kind of person who uses that information for fraud and theft and so on.

But it got me thinking...do I really want to be putting my information on a company's server when I have just witnessed a fairly severe failure in their site's security?

Me thinks not. Time to shop elsewhere.

No comments: