11.12.2007

Steps to a Successful Birthday

Today's my birthday and hey, so far so good. It's looking to be a nice one, so I thought I'd share my plan-o-perfection with you all so you can perhaps follow in my footsteps and enjoy your own wonderful birthday the next time it occurs.

1) Kick off the birthday celebration at least a few days beforehand
Let me tell you...this is a whole lot more feasible when your birthday is a) a paid day off at your workplace, b) occurring on a Monday and c) starting with a MAJOR stomping of Auburn by the world's favorite football team, the Georgia Bulldogs. Seriously. If you saw that game, you know what I'm talking about. We're still savoring that win today. Awesome.

2) Enjoy a nice dinner at Bahama Breeze
Really, what birthday would be complete without it? We ate way too much, but it was good - even better, we have leftovers for today! If you go, try the house beer Aruba Red. Or try two. Or...well, whatever you can handle.

3) Meet with an accountant
Not really...but we're doing that anyway. Best time for the wifey and I to meet with the guy at the same time to go over year-end personal/business tax garbage. It's only an hour, and it's a freebie so that's good, too.

4) Blog about it
I'm doing it right now! Wheeeeeeeeee!!!

5) Decorate for Christmas
This is a tradition dating back to the Skapartment days at UGA. We always started going overboard with the Christmas decorations on the day of my birthday. It just kind of worked out that way, I guess, but now....well, it's kind of nice to make the deco last a little longer. I mean, it takes forever to get everything out and in place, might as well enjoy it longer (it's not like we have a whole lot of Thanksgiving decorations).

BONUS POINTS - sleeping in, NOT doing anything at all, watching movies, eating cookie cake and/or having a celebratory Krispy Kreme doughnut.

Did I mention how UGA managed to BLACKOUT Auburn? It was awesome, much better than the UGA-Auburn game on my birthday 2 years ago (we lost, doh). Coach Richt is the man. Those black jerseys looked way cool.

That's it for now, I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my day off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you said you were going to blog more!