7.10.2007

Joshua David Isaac


I met Josh during the summer after my high school graduation when I was helping out with the band camp for next year. He was an upcoming freshman and was pegged by the section leader as one of the people who needed help with some of the basics. He immediately impressed me as being a quick learner, and very glad to get whatever advice he could get. It was apparent that Josh's goal was to exceed expectations, not just be "good enough."

And that's really how Josh was all the time. As I got to know him better through Hilary's family (Hilary and I started dating about 6 months afterward, and her brother Blake was close friends with Josh), I found that in everything he did, he just wanted to do it the right way, the best that he could. This is a rare attitude, and one that everyone could see when they met Josh.

It is unfortunate for us all that he is no longer with us. Events like this serve well to remind us of what little time we have to complete the purpose of our existence. Josh is great evidence that the duration of a life is not the definition of a person. Instead, we look at what that person did with what time they had. Josh made the best of all that he had, and I only hope to live my life so bravely.

Here are a couple of news articles written about Josh:
Atlanta Journal Constitution
Fox 5 - Atlanta
http://content.times-herald.com/292194643543055.bsp
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13643436/detail.html

This is a 10 minute memorial photo montage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8HbsnMOA0g

Visitation is tonight in Peachtree City 6pm-8pm at the Mowell Funeral home on Robinson Road near Hwy 54. Funeral is tomorrow at 2pm at Mowell Funeral home with a reception to follow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great video, Christian.

I didn't know Josh all that well, but what I do remember about him was how sincerely nice he was. Simply one of the most kind-hearted guys I've ever met.