3.07.2007

Randomness

Just as a head's up, you probably don't need to read this. It's basically just random stuff that comes to my mind, and it will likely be....very boring. You're welcome.

HOLY DAYLIGHT SAVINGS! Now we get to spring forward much earlier, giving us longer, harder days of light. No, wait, I think I'm confusing that with some e-mail I got overnight. Either way, it's gonna be great. I can continue plowing the field until late in the evening much earlier in the year than I could in years past.

The Garage Band Network! Woo! This is a project we are working on at my day job. We're trying to find things to utilize the studio space better during late night hours. Basically, we'll let bands come in, play in front of the cameras and give 'em a CD and DVD of all that when they leave. I have no idea how this will work...it'll ultimately come down to the price/feature balance. I'm probably breaking all my corporate conduct codes by leaking this, so don't tell anyone, k? Million dollar question....when does it launch? I dunno, maybe next month.

Funniest ironic/sad moment of the ordeal has been the constant requests to bring SCAP in to do some test runs on the equipment and procedures. I haven't been able to get the point across to them that we haven't played together in quite....a....while.....but yes, they insist. So Walt book your flight from sunny CA right quick. Mike, you can land the jet right in the back lot (I'll clear some of the brush and apartments for you). Eric, re-hydrate the drum set. Ryan, I have no idea where you are but bring it old school. Jon - no codename: oatmeal please. Gwam, go un-steal that bass. Chris, enough movie time, it's freakin' rock time!

SCAP UNITE!

There will be a short tour with limited edition t-shirts. Sorry, all out of panties.

I'll give you all a moment to stop laughing.........aight, let's move on.

Jingles is making her first trip to the beach with us this year. That's gonna be awesome....unless we get there during killer shark season. Hate that.

Still looking for a job where I get paid to stay home and watch TV. The problem is the vacation days and sick days, as most of these types of jobs offer neither (depending on how you look at it). I'll keep you posted.

Saw an old friend this weekend...Jess Purdy. He was recently married and was having a Georgia reception at his family's house in Your Favorite Town. His house is on the street right behind my parent's, and his father commented on how they missed hearing the band practice late at night. Someone else made a comment about this, too. Nice to hear. Of course, there was also a question about "what are you doing these days" or something like that. When I said "video production," you could see a face of surprise followed by confusion, as if to say "so...you're not still doing the music thing?" Oddly enough, that was also the follow-up question at one point.

Good to see Jess though, and his wife was a nice gal, too. Lots of people there so we only stuck around for about an hour so as to free the house up for others.

Mike is flying jets at speeds beyond my interest these days. I've been on a commercial flight for maybe 4 or 5 round-trip flights my entire life, and that was fun enough. I'm not opposed to flying, but I don't really like it all that much and I'd rather drive. Less chance of losing luggage and being molested by the TSA that way, too. So I don't see much jet fighter flying in my future...it's all your's Mike.

On a related note, find yourself a chance to ask Mike about the theme park super-fun-time ride he got to go on recently. Awesome.

I want a crane.

Just another day at the lake.

Why is it okay to have a game called "Whack a mole" but not one called "Club a Baby Seal" (with real clubbing action)? Strange dichotomy.

No comments: