12.22.2003

Weird.....all that time just disappeared between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and now - here we are.

December 22nd? Are you for real????????

Today is the first day of winter...I'm pretty cold. I'm sitting at home in my boxers. No work today...call it a Christmas gift from my boss. In a way, it's pretty well deserved I think. We've all busted our butts at work since Thanksgiving, so we're closing out the year a little bit calmer.

And wow...been married for 6 months? Now THAT'S something I really can't believe.

Hil and I have had a couple of visitors the last few weeks. A friend of hers from Furman spent the night on her way through Atlanta from North Carolina to Florida (I think it was Florida). Her name is Jennifer. We had a pretty good time.

Then this past weekend, my brother in law Blake came up here to hang out. He goes to Mercer down in Macon, GA. He's on his winter break right now, and came up here to play video games all day yesterday.

I think most of the Christmas shopping has been done. Just a few more little things to take care of. I'll be spending Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day afterward with the folks down in Your Favorite Town (PTC).

Oh, so SCAP played a show this past Friday night down in Your Favorite Town. It was some high school thing. You know, a lot of people fault us for playing as many younger shows as we do. But think about it...that's where the whole industry points its finger. They have the most disposable income...but of course that's not why we play for them (its not like we usually get paid for our shows...we just like to play). See, the other major thing about that age group is that they seriously pay attention to the music, and they just like to have a good time. College crowds are often just there to have a drink with their pals. Hey, no prob there either, because we're still entertaining. But I'm all about the music, so I can identify with that part of the population that feels the same way.

Anyways, as I sort of hinted, I don't care where I'm at, I just like to play.

Family is coming up here today while Hilary is at work to go finish some shopping. That should be a good bit of fun. I like visitors.

I've decked the halls, sang some carols, drank some cider and egg nog, listened to a TON of Christmas music......it's been a good last few weeks. It's sad to have the holidays end so abruptly though. It's the same with Halloween, Fourth of July and Thanksgiving. No sooner does the actual day end before people are back to the regular swing. Weird how there is so much leading up to the holiday, and then it just drops. You won't hear a single Christmas song the day or so after Christmas...it's just strange. It's kind of like people have gotten so frustrated with the planning and driving and shopping that they just wanna drop it. You people out there are crazy.

Alright, it is time for a nice warm shower.

No comments: